And before I give you this incredibly long and pretty awesome list of what to text a girl in specific situations, I just want to say that these are guidelines. These aren’t rules you MUST follow dude…
Because you don’t have to use ALL my examples of what to text a girl to GET the girl. Just experiment, see what works best for you, and keep doing what works.
I want to show you WHY all of these examples work so well, so you can invent many more yourself and become a rock star of texting girls. But more on that later…
Let’s check out some examples of what to text a girl already!
What To Text A Girl When You’ve Just Met Her
When you’ve just met her it’s important to keep the attraction going. To keep her interested.
What does that mean when it comes to what to text a girl?
It means challenging her, teasing her, being picky, being mysterious, being hard to get, being dominant… and the list of things you can do via text to keep her interested goes on and on.
Let’s see what to text a girl to keep her interested is all about…
1. “Hey you. Yeah YOU! Can you keep a secret?”
Of course when you text a girl like this she’ll be curious and say “YES” and ask why, after which you’ll say:
“Don’t tell anyone, but I met this insanely cute girl the other day. Her name is NAME OF THE GIRL YOU’RE TEXTING. It was a shame she didn’t have bigger boobs though.”
Now THAT is a great example of what to text a girl if you want to tease her. Don’t look at me that way man. This works because you’ll be one of the few guys who’s not impressed with an attractive girl’s looks and kissing her ass. That means you’re hard to get. Girls want that.
And if you still don’t believe me, then I’ll just go ahead and say: bad boys are attractive to girls. And making a comment like that? That’s definitely being a bad ass!
So remember this when it comes to what to text a girl: it may not feel right to text her that at first, but it will once you see the level of success you’ll achieve with these samples.
2. “Uhm heyyyy… you? Who is this again? I have this new number in my phone but I don’t know who it belongs to!”
This works well for the same reasons I gave you for example of what to text a girl #1.
3. “You know what? You’re actually the first girl I’ve met in ages that isn’t stalking me with texts after one day already. Then again, this super saintly saint always falls for bad girls because I am sooo sweet and saintly and innocent…”
Instead of directly letting a girl know you’re a bad boy by making a crude comment, you’re indirectly letting her know by over-emphasizing that you’re Mr. Right so much so, it’s unbelievable.
It’s what to text a girl if you like to use a more… subtle approach for coming across as a bad ass.
4. “Can I ask you something? Are you a thief, because you stole my heart…”
Stop right there! DON’T think I’m telling you to use a real cheesy pick up line when you text a girl. I’m telling you to use it… and then immediately afterwards say:
“Would it work? Would a cheesy pick up line like that work on you? Oh come on! Be honest!”
As you can see: I’m mocking other guys in the dating game. And let me tell you: chicks LOVE that! It shows them you’re above and beyond slime balls who use stuff like that.
Don’t ask me why girls think that’s hot. They just do. That’s why I use it as an example of what to text a girl.
5. “Ok, let’s pretend for a sec that you’re a guy and I’m a hot girl like you. What would you do to try and pick me up?”
This example of what to text a girl works in a similar way as the previous one, the difference being that after she admits what she would use on you? You tease her by then using it on her and asking if it worked.
6. “Quick, quick! Wine or cocktail! Wine or cocktaillll!”
When you text a girl that, she’ll be like: “What the f*ck?”
And then she’ll play along.
Then, depending on her answer, you ask her a follow-up question the same way: “Red or white wine! Red or whiteeeee.” I think you get the picture.
Then you ask her to pick one of two foods and afterwards you say: “Thanks!” and you’re quiet. Now THAT is what to text a girl if you want to create attraction by being unpredictable.
And… it’s a very good way to ask a girl out too, but more on that later…
7. “You know, I just saw this smelly homeless guy with yellow teeth, these crazy looking eyes, and the most raggedy pair of jeans I’ve ever seen. He reminded me of you!”
Don’t force me to explain why this is a good example of what to text a girl if you want to tease her…
8. “I’m telling you a story right now and in the middle of the story, just before the moral of the story rears it’s ugly head I just…”
Stop telling you. Whenever she asks for the whole story, the whole story of ANYTHING, stop halfway through.
She’ll tell you she only got half your message. She’ll beg you to tell her more… and you’ll tell her she only gets to hear the rest if she gives you a… little kiss, a drink. You decide!
The basic principle behind all these examples of what to text a girl is simple: create more tension. Sexual tension. And to do that long enough for her to want to go out with you.
I’d say sending 3-4 of these awesome texts to a girl is more than enough.
What To Text A Girl Who Likes You
These examples of what to text a girl are just to make a point, the point being that you need to grow balls and cut to the chase if you know OR if you can say with 90% certainty that a girl likes you.
9. “Let’s be honest. I know you like me and I know I like you. What are we going to do about it?”
10. “Honestly? I like you. You’re a lot of fun to be around and you’re pretty hot too, so let’s go somewhere together already!”
Trust me when I say that girls LOVE it when you’re direct, almost too direct, with them.
Why is it great to learn how to be direct when you want to learn what to text a girl?
Well, compare it with a girl’s male best friend who tells her that “No! I’m absolutely not in love with you. We’re just friends…” and who later admits that he does love her.
Other men beat around the bush, you don’t. You get what you want, when you want it. That’s what to text a girl who already likes you.
Let’s keep going!
What To Text A Girl Who Stopped Responding
These samples of what to text a girl are for when, for whatever reason, she stops responding to your text messages or calls. There’s a way around it that STILL gets you the girl you know.
How? Just watch me text a girl:
11. “You seem to be busy right now, so I’ll leave you alone so you can do your thing!”
This lets a girl know you won’t waste time waiting on her, but also that you’re not desperate for her to get back to you.
And hey, it’s also a good way to know if she’s really busy or just didn’t bother to reply to you earlier on… because if a girl isn’t busy and reads this text? She’ll reply because she doesn’t want to insult you by making you think you’re bothering her.
Pretty awesome trick if you want to learn what to text a girl, right? I know!
12. “Wow! You’re playing hard to get already? Aren’t we moving a little too fast lady? We haven’t even dated yet!”
13. “I have to tell you a little secret: even my grandmother types a text message faster than YOU do. Damn girl!”
14. “Awhhh. She’s giving me the silent treatment. How cute! Love you too honey!”
15. “What is the epitome of boredom? Being so bored by yourself that you fall asleep while watching yourself type a text message. Hint hint!”
16. “You’re not sending text messages via snail mail are you? Because even sleepwalkers can move their fingers faster than you type text messages woman!”
Here are my final thoughts on what to text a girl that stopped responding: what makes you think it was because of YOU?
Maybe she’s at work, sick, having a bad hair day, having her period, having a shitty day, and so on. Girls are emotional creatures, so frankly?
There are six million ways to make her lose interest in talking to ANYONE. That can include you, the guy she likes.
What To Text A Girl To Get A Date
I can give you so damn many examples of how to text a girl and get her out on a date. So you know what? I will, damn it!
17. “You know what? We’ve been texting back and forth for a while now. But let’s do what normal people do and grab a drink somewhere to talk some more.”
18. “Hey, I know this great places where they have XYZ. Let’s go there tomorrow!”
That’s what to text a girl if you want to ask her out but don’t want to be too obvious about it.
19. “You seem to be a person who has an opinion and likes to have fun, just like me. So, let’s have fun together by going to XYZ tomorrow!”
20. “You know what? If you promise you’ll be my tour guide tomorrow when I’m in XYZ, I’ll give you some lessons in XYZ in return.”
Here, you ask her to be your tour guide in her city or neighbourhood, in exchange for some lessons in whatever you do best… like playing the guitar.
21. “You’re bored? Well, if you play your cards right, I might take you to this awesome place where they have XYZ later today!”
This is what to text a girl when mentions she’s bored.
22. “You’re not doing anything right now? Then allow me to take you to XYZ, where they have the best XYZ ever!”
Use this one if a girl mentions she doesn’t have much to do or ASK if she has anything to do and then tell her this.
23. “Hey, me and my friends are about to hang out at a buddy’s place. If you can make it, you’re invited.”
Probably the most casual of all examples of what to text a girl, but it still works because she’ll get to see how awesome you are when among friends. Girl are attracted to such “social proof”
24. “Party at my place at XYZ PM! Be sure to bring me my favorite liquor or you won’t get in!”
Another widely used example. But widely used doesn’t mean it sucks. It means it probably works!
25. “It was fun meeting you earlier today. You seemed to be a party girl so I just HAVE TO ask: what are your plans for the evening you party animal you?”
Just because you got her number earlier today doesn’t mean you can’t text her TODAY. It depends on a girl-by-girl basis, so try your luck with this one and see what happens.
26. “Tell me: do you have plans for the weekend? Or are you just going to sit around like a true couch potatoe?”
This is what to text a girl in a non-desperate way if you want to know if you can ask her out or not.
27. “Thank you for telling me what you would like to do on our date tomorrow. I’ll pick you up around, say, eight-ish?”
Remember example #6 where you asked a girl to quickly choose one of two options several times? Well, you can go out and buy the things she chose so she’ll drink and eat what she prefers on a date with you.
And in case you were wondering: I’ve used XYZ in several examples of what to text a girl, but don’t actually text a girl that dude! Fill in what you think is best there, for example a movie theatre when telling her you want to take her to some place nice.
One more thing: if you’re unsure not about what to text a girl after reading so far, but about WHEN to text a girl, and after how many times to ask her out?
Then don’t worry bro! I got you covered! I’ll give you all the tips you’ll ever need to successfully text girls (and date them too) inside my Calling and Texting Newsletter.
Moving on… on towards more examples of what to text girl that is!
What To Text A Girl When In Doubt
I can almost hear you think: “What do you mean… what to text a girl when in doubt Carlos? In doubt about WHAT exactly?”
It’s simple, really. What follows are examples of things to text a girl if she’s not sure she can hang out with you or gives you ANY other kind of excuse about going on a date with you.
28. “You’re going to PLACE XYZ tomorrow? Wow! That sounds incredibly… lame. Come with me. You know I’m much more fun than that place.”
29. “Great! When are WE going?”
This is what to text a girl when she mentions she’s going somewhere. To a party for example.
30. “Oh come on! Play nice. I promise I won’t get drunk and embarrass you in public (yet!)”
31. “Oh come on! You’re so boring! Ok, ok. You can pick the place we’ll go to, but you have to promise me you’ll by me a drink when we’re there.”
32. “Ahh don’t worry about it. No is a good answer too. Just don’t be surprised when you find out that I’m not the kind of guy who gives up when he’s genuinely interested in a girl!”
Now that’s what to text a girl if all else fails. It’s playing the honesty card: straight up telling her how you feel and that you won’t stop trying to get what you want.
And you want her.
33. “Ok, you know what? Have you ever heard of the Lemon Law? It works like this: we go somewhere to get a drink. If we don’t like each other’s company after five minutes, we’re both free to leave. That way we don’t hurt each other’s feelings and we also don’t have to stick it out until the end of the night if we hate each other.”
You have to thank fictional womanizer Barney Stinson for that last one.
Guess what? It works!
And just when you thought you saw enough examples of what to text a girl? I’m giving you some more…
What To Text A Girl After A Date
If you think you’re done finding out what to text a girl, and with creating attraction in general, after you’ve been on a date with a girl? Guess again!
I seriously thank GOD that you’re not a general if you think that way, because it would mean you would have thought we’ve won a war after winning the first battle.
THE way to guarantee yourself a second date, and possibly more, is knowing what to text a girl AFTER the first date. And it’s this…
34. “I had so much fun today! We should do this again some time!”
Another example of what to text a girl after a date:
35. “I have to be honest with you. Today was one of the most boring, nightmarish, and sleep inducing experiences I’ve ever been through. Just kidding! It was great!”
Decide for yourself if you have the guts to say example of what to text a girl #35, or not.
36. “You’re lots of fun to hang out with. I just know we’re going to be the best friends ever!”
This works if you want to let her know you only want to be friends with her, but it’s also what to text a girl if you want to make yourself hard to get. Because if she likes you?
She’ll try even harder to make sure you’ll NOT be her friend, but her lover. Girls like a challenge.
What To Text A Girl You Like If You Think You’re Losing Her
Look, sometimes you do everything in your power to get the girl but you still feel like she’s out of reach. Out of your league.
And sometimes, you wonder what to text a girl you like because you feel like she’s losing interest in you. Here’s what to use then:
37. “Hi, this is me taking much longer than usual to respond to your text messages.”
Of course this isn’t what to text a girl word-for-word, but it is what you need to do: when you feel a girl is losing interest, the worst possibly thing you could EVER do is chase her more and harder than before.
Because it only makes you look desperate, so worse, than before. No good will come of this.
Instead, what you should do is make yourself scarce. Make yourself harder to get than you were. More difficult to understand. More difficult to keep.
Do that and a girl will realize she has to fight for your attention. That’s all it takes to get her to work her ass off for you if she ever liked you, even if she only liked you a little bit.
So, the above example and the following 4 examples of what to text a girl are all about how to make yourself harder to get (and keep):
38. “Hi, this is me acting way more distant than usual when I respond to your text messages.”
Again, when you think you’re losing her interest it’s all about making yourself hard to get, so you can repair any damage you may have done.
And again, it’s advice for what to text a girl, not something you should literally text a girl
39. “Hi, this is me texting you less often than I used to do.”
40. “Hi, this is me avoiding your questions with indirect answers for a while.”
41. “This is me texting you how much fun I’m having without you.”
Enough with the examples of how to turn things around when you THINK you screwed things up already! Let’s look at some examples of what to text a girl that will, 100% guaranteed, screw things up for you.
In other words: check out what NOT to do when you text a girl below…
What To Text A Girl If You Pray For A “Fatality”
Sorry. Got a little carried away there with my addiction to Mortal Kombat games. I’ve been a Scorpion fan for years! I know it’s wrong. I know those games are pretty violent. I say: f*ck it. Who’s with me!?
But what I mean is that you should NOT text a girl the following if you don’t want to do a fatality on attraction: if you don’t want to KILL the attraction.
42. “Are you a thief? Because you stole my heart!”
Cheesy pick up lines don’t work if you’re dead serious when using them.
43. “Do you believe in love at first sight? OR should I walk by again?”
This was an example just to stress the fact that NO, cheesy pick up lines don’t work. Ever. Unless you make fun of them. Which is the pinnacle of awesomeness.
Please, please, pleeeease remember that cheesy pick up lines are NOT what to text a girl.
44. “I don’t know if I’m your type, but…”
Don’t you EVER say this if you DON’T want to be seen as an insecure wussbag with a capital S painted on it. That S stands for SUPER by the way. Super wuss.
45. “Would you like to go out with me some time?”
Could you make it even more obvious that you’re insecure about yourself and/or her liking you? Man up for a change and don’t ASK her to go out with you. Tell her you want to go out with her. Now that is what to text a girl to get her on a date with you.
46. “Why aren’t you responding to my text messages? Are you ignoring me?”
Getting angry doesn’t solve a damn thing. Getting angry only scares a girl away from you, even if she was attracted to you before. Anger stuff is not what to text a girl man. Definitely not.
Trust me, I’m a hot tempered guy so I had to learn this the hard way.
47. “Hi! This is me sending you my 27th text message today!”
Don’t come across like you have no life of your own AT ALL. That’s a major turnoff. Have fun while you text a girl and with what to text a girl, but always leave her wanting more.
48. “Hi! This is me responding to your text in less than 4 seconds!”
Responding within a minute after getting a text from her says a lot about you. It could tell her you’re really interested, but mostly? Mostly, it says that you were waiting for her to text you and that you have nothing better to do than just that: waiting for her.
That gives her one thing: a major desperation alert!
49. “Hi, this is me responding to your message in a way that leaves nothing for you to say.”
One of the most fatal yet common mistakes when it comes to what to text a girl, is to respond to questions she asks or to tell her stuff… and then leave nothing for her to say.
If you said everything there was to say, then why continue? So, if you want to get enough time to get a date with her, then ask questions and ask them often.
Keep her talking, so you give yourself a better chance of getting a date with her with one of the examples of what to text a girl to date her I just showed you!
50. “Hi, I’m a guy who gives up at the first attempt to get the girl!”
Of course, several of these last few examples aren’t things you’ll text to girls. That doesn’t mean I don’t want to bring them up though, because here’s the thing about giving up on what to text a girl and when:
Just because girls, and people in general, take their smartphone with them wherever they go doesn’t mean they’ll actually HEAR every text message they’ll ever get.
Hell, I know I don’t when I’m driving with insanely loud music on, you know? Don’t take it personal when you don’t get a reply from her.
That’s a long list with examples of what to text a girl, isn’t it? Yet still, there are many more moments when you’ll want to know something to freaking say. Moments like…
Birthdays, shitty days, holidays, when she just broke up with her ex. You name it!
And I’ll share many more examples of what to text a girl and why inside my Calling Women and Texting Women newsletter. You should definitely check it out, if you know what’s good for you.
I hope you liked these 50 examples of what to text a girl dude! Stay tuned to the Win With Women blog for more no-nonsense tips to improve your love life and social life with.
Check out the rest of the How To Text A Girl series.
To More Dating Success,
Win With Women